The First & Only Yoga & Wellbeing Studio in the area devoted to yoga, meditation & excellent health
Running 4+ daily classes, workshops, retreats & more
Welcome to Wellbeing Yoga, Brentwood Studio
The first and ONLY studio in the area devoted to the yoga, meditation and excellent health.
Born out of the dreams of a local teacher who's classes were so popular she needed to grow and from her desire to bring inspirational and gifted yoga, wellbeing and meditation teachers together to support local people. Running 4+ classes a day of Yoga for All;
Also offering Wellbeing services;
- Yoga Therapy
- Pregnancy & more
- Relaxation Classes
- Yoga Nidra
- Self-help groups
Strengthen the Body: Still the Mind
Our goal is to develop and transform your wellbeing through the practice of yoga and meditation. Collectively we have more than 40 years of experience on the team. The studio is serene and beautiful and we offer small class sizes (max of 12), to give you individual support and intimacy.
The best thing to do is to try out a few classes – don’t come to one class and give up, as there are many types and many teachers to suit you.
What are the benefits of Yoga & Meditation for me?
Physical Health & Wellbeing Benefits
- Blood Pressure, Circulation & Strong Heart. Consistent yoga decreases blood pressure through better circulation and oxygenation. And lowers Pulse Rate = your heart is strong enough to pump more blood with fewer beats. By transporting nutrients and oxygen throughout your body, yoga provides healthier organs, skin, and brain. A lower heart rate and improved oxygenation to the body = higher cardiovascular endurance and low risk of heart disease.
- Respiratory Fitness & Strong Immunity. A lower respiratory rate = lungs working more efficiently; achieved through yoga’s controlled breathing exercises and better fitness. Yoga is frequently correlated with a stronger immune system.
- Healthy Organs. Yoga massages internal organs, helping the body prevent disease. Experienced yogis becomes better attuned to their body and know the first sign’s of issues = quicker response to head off disease. Gastrointestinal functions greatly improved.
- Pain, Back Pain & Better Posture. Pain tolerance is much higher among yogis. Chronic pain, such as back pain is lessened/eliminated. Yoga reduces spinal compression and helps overall body alignment to reduce back pain. Learn how to hold and control your body for good posture.
- Balanced Weight & Metabolism. Having a balanced metabolism = maintaining a healthy weight and controlling hunger. Consistent yoga helps find the balance and creates a more efficient metabolism; plus it works on the Thyroid gland. This keeps your weight in check. The stretching of muscles longwise reduces cellulite. Yoga lowers cholesterol through increased blood circulation and fat burning. There is evidence to suggest that yoga may lower blood glucose levels.
- Strength & Endurance & Muscle Tone. You use your whole body weight for overall strength. Core strength: a strong core underpins overall health & reduces injuries. Working the entire body, yoga improves endurance and is frequently used by endurance athletes as a supplement to their sport-specific training. Consistent practice = better muscle tone.
- Detoxification, Improved Lymphatic & Endocrine Functions. Your lymphatic system boosts your immunity and reduces toxins in your body. The way to get your lymphatic system flowing well is by movement. Yoga postures are designed to promote a strong lymphatic system and help flush toxins. It also helps regulate and control hormone secretion; this balances hormones and promotes better overall physical and emotional health.
- More Energy & Better Sleep. Regular practice provides consistent energy. Because of the many benefits to both body and mind that yoga offers, many sleep much better. If you have insomnia ask about Yoga Nidra – it works miracles!
- Ageing & Balance. An integral part of yoga is balance and control over your body: your overall balance will improve. Yoga stimulates the detoxification process, shown to delay ageing.
- Lower Risk of Injury. Due to the low impact of yoga and the controlled aspect of the motions, there is a lower risk of injury during compared to other forms of exercise.
Emotional Health Benefits
- Significant Mood Lifter, Less Anger. Yoga increases the neurotransmitter dopamine (natural anti-depressant) and strengthens your nervous system. A strong mind-body connection, a healthy body and focusing inward makes you consistently happier. Most yogis report a huge reduction in the amount of hostility they feel as well as a sense of control when anger flares.
- Stress Reduction. Moving tension out the body, de-stressing, meditating and breath control reduces stress considerably. The concentration required during yoga focuses your attention on the now: you stop thinking about your problems. Parasympathetic Nervous System. In most exercise, the sympathetic nervous system kicks in giving you that fight-or-flight sensation. Yoga does the opposite and stimulates the parasympathetic system, aka the “relaxing system”, this lowers blood pressure and slows the pace of your breathing = relaxation and healing.
- Anxiety & Depression. One benefit to yoga’s controlled breathing is a reduction in anxiety. Often repressed negative feelings are brought to the surface during yoga. When this happens, the negative energy is no longer stuck within you, but released. Regularly releasing this negativity leads to a reduction of depression in many people. Yoga converts negative thinking into positive thinking
- Self-Acceptance & Self Control. Focusing inward and realising through yoga that perfection is not the goal, self-acceptance takes over. Controlled movements teach you how to translate self-control in your life.
- Concentration & Memory. As little as 8 weeks of yoga results in better concentration and more motivation. Improved blood circulation to the brain, stress reduction and improved focus results in a better memory
- Calmness. Concentrating so intently on what your body is doing brings calm. Yoga also introduces you to meditation, such as watching how you breathe and disengagement from your thoughts, which calms the mind.
- Yoga also improves Osteoporosis, Alzheimer’s, Type II diabetes, Carpal tunnel syndrome, Asthma, Arthritis, Migraines, Scoliosis, Chronic bronchitis, Epilepsy, Sciatica, Obsessive Compulsive Disorder, Constipation, Allergies and the side effects of Menopause.
About Our Classes
We have 12 spaces per class (more for meditation), which cost under £10 if you buy a pass or £12 to drop in, so please contact the studio via email - [email protected] to book your place
Click here to view our current timetable
A gentle class for beginners or those needing a calm and relaxing practice. Emphasis will be to restore & renew the body & mind. Using breath work, relaxation, meditation & simple but effective yoga postures it’s a perfect for anyone with aches & pains, health concerns or those who are put off by energetic classes. Special attention is made to the relaxation element of this class to ensure you go home feeling centred and grounded. For complete beginners as well as open for experienced practitioners interested in learning about the restorative & therapeutic side of Yoga.
An athletic form of yoga: 99% practice 1% theory. The foundation of this ancient system, discovered by the late Sri T. Krishnamacharya and disciple Pattabhi Jois in the 30′s. A series of set postures in sequence using vinyasa (breath with movement) and physical locks (Bandhas.) Ashtanga Yoga: Ashta = 8, Anga = Limb, Yoga = Union. “The Eight Limbs of Yoga”: Yama- Ethical disciplines; Niyama- Self observation; Asana- Posture; Pranayama-Breath control; Pratyahara-Sense withdrawal; Dharana-Concentration; Dhyana-Meditation; and Samadhi-A state of joy and peace.
Vinyasa Flow Yoga Class
Vinyasa means ‘breath synchronised movement: Vinyasa movements are smooth and flowing and can seem almost dance like, which is where the ‘ flow’ comes in. Vinyasa flow covers a wide variety of styles but the health benefits are the same: mentally the breathing will relax the mind and body and help you release tension in the body and on the physical level sweat expels toxins helping the body to re-energise as well as become strong and lean.
Pregnancy Yoga Class
Pregnancy yoga is great for beginners or experienced yogis and is increasingly recommended to pregnant women, as a gentle way of maintaining or gaining fitness while reducing anxiety with breathing and relaxation techniques. It can play a key role in enhancing the experience of this precious time and empowering mums-to-be to have the most conscious birth experience. Yoga breathing techniques are extremely useful to expand women’s breathing capacity and can be carried through to use during labor and the postnatal period to promote physical and emotional wellbeing. Yoga also offers you the opportunity to connect with your baby, and coming to classes is a fantastic way to meet mums-to-be and feel part of a community of pregnant women. Follow your instincts. That is where true wisdom manifests itself.
Yoga Nidra monthly class
Yoga Nidra is one of the deepest forms of meditation known to mankind, guiding you through various levels of mental processes that take you into supreme stillness and calm.
Regular practice of Yoga Nidra supports deep rest and promotes good quality sleep. It also offers many more benefits. These include pain management and stress reduction; helping to increase productivity, boosting creativity and problem solving. It quietens the mind and supports relaxation and greater happiness.
Jessica and Daniel deliver our Yoga Nidra workshops so you remain in the Waking State of consciousness, and gently focus the mind, while allowing thought patterns, emotions, sensations and images to come and go. They then take you past the Dreaming State, and then on to Deep Sleep, yet throughout you remain awake. In the workshops, they work with you on the concept of Sankalpa – a highly positive vision of yourself that serves to focus your energies on your chosen true life purpose. Held at Becket Keys School, Sawyers Hall Lane, Brentwood
Corporate Yoga, Energy Healing, Meditation, Vinyasa Yoga, Yoga