Homeopath & Bowen Practitioner
do you wish to...
If you answered YES to any of the above then read on, HOMEOPATHY or THE BOWEN TECHNIOUE may offer you the solution you have been looking for.
- enhance your general health and vitality?
- be treated as unique and individual?
- enjoy your travelling, avoiding nausea, anxiety, fear of flying, and jet-lag?
- prevent minor problems becoming major?
- feel confident when sitting exams, speaking in public, taking a driving test, etc?
- assist the healing of new or old injuries?
- support your body and speed up healing before and after surgery, dental treatment and even unaccustomed strenuous activity?
- strive towards better health even if your condition is considered hopelesa, incurable or even non-existent?
Homeopathy is a system of medicine in which the natural tendency of the body to heal itself is stimulated by a carefully chosen remedy. This stimulus assists the body to clear itself of the symptoms of imbalance.
Homeopatha recognise ill health to be the body’s response to mental, emotional or physical disharmony, and seek to treat the underlying cause of the imbalance.
The aim of the homeopath is to aid the patient to their best possible level of health, and maintain them there with occasional consultations.
Homeopathy is gentle and safe, and seeks to help people of all typea. It ia non-addictive, with no harmful aide effecta, and is capable of atrengthening the whole constitution.
Duration of treatment
The duration of treatment will vary for each individual depending on:
• how long you have been ill;
• your general level of health;
• what medication you may be taking;
• how quickly you respond to the treatment.
Long standing or chronic complaints can take longer for the body to heal, whereas more recent acute complainta often improve rapidly.
The initial consultation will take approximately 1 hour, with follow-up appointments at approximately four week intervals, taking 30 minutes. The intervals will lengthen as treatment progresses successfully.
The Bowen Technique is a hands-on holistic therapy that takea account of the individual and his or her needs and condition; it ia suitable for all, young and old.
A series of non-intruaive rolling moves are made over muacle and soft tiaaue, moving the energy within the body allowing the body to re-align itself very effectively thus removing symptoms.
Periods of reat are given during the treatment to allow the body time to make the aubtle phyaical adjustments, which help to relieve tension, reduce pain, and initiate the healing process.
A treatment will take approximately 45—60 minutes, and moat of the work can be performed through light clothing. Significant and lasting relief is often achieved after two or three treatments, given at weekly intervals, though further treatments may aometimea be required.
To receive maximum benefit, it is advised that other physical therapies are not mixed with the Bowen Technique.
- Both Homeopathy and the Bowen technique are safe and gentle for all ages, from the youngest baby to the most elderly or frail.
- Each can treat people from all walks of life, and address many different éomplaints, be they emotional, physical or psychological, and whether the suffering is recent and acute, or long term.
- Both therapies promote healing, relief from pain, and recovery of energy.
- The treatments are individualised for each patient.
Some examples of the range of conditions that can be helped with either Homeopathy or Bowen Technique:
Pre- & post-surgery
Many people have been helped who just ‘don’t feel well’ where there is no specific diagnosis for their complaint.
about your practitioner
Jo More, a Registered Nurse (RGN), attended a four year study and supervision course to become a qualified Registered Homeopath (RSH0m).
She has studied The Bowen Technique over a period of one and a half years, and is a member of the European College of Bowen Studies (MBTER)
Both organisations encourage and support ongoing professional development and clinical supervision in order to maintain a high standard of care.
If you would like to know more please phone to speak to Jo, or to request The Society of Homeopaths’ leaflet ‘Homeopathy Simply Explained’ or the E.CBS. leaflet ‘The Bowen Technique’.
Bowen Therapy, Homeopaths