Balance - Harmony - Well-being
Holistic massage is a therapeutic massage, which considers the integral biology of the client. It is important to understand the clients health and lifestyle so that the treatment can be tailored to their requirements. This therapeutic massage involves both gentle and deep tissue massage depending on the individual needs and tolerances of the client. It is ideal for a full body relaxing treatment. It relieves the symptoms associated with tension and a demanding lifestyle; headaches, insomnia, fatigue, depression and minor muscular aches and pains. Holistic massage is suitable for all age ranges and like most therapies is subject to an initial consultation.
Aromatherapy is the therapeutic use of oils from certain plants ( flowers, herbs, or trees). They are used for the improvement of physical and emotional, well-being. Aromatherapy is an ancient therapy that is rapidly growing in popularity in the world today. The oils promote the body’s own healing ability, to restore the feel good factor and improve health. release toxins and improve circulation. In aromatherapy massage a maximum of three oils are blended together with a carrier oil or carrier oils. The oils are chosen and blended to complement the clients present state of health and act on all levels emotionally, physically and spiritually. The oils can be used in deep tissue massage to increase the effectivness of the massage.
The nine months of pregnancy are a special and sacred time for the mother-to-be and her unborn baby. It is a time to consider the hectic life styles and to establish a healthy outlook, reflecting on diet, exercise and achieving a positive mental attitude. Fundamentally creating a relaxed environment in which your baby can grow. I have specialist advanced massage and reflexology training in pregnancy. Both are ideal and non-invasive therapies for helping with the minor ailments of pregnancy for example digestion, sciatica, and fatigue and general aches and pains. Both reflexology and massage are relaxing and re-energizing initiating calmness and peace of mind. Pregnancy massage is a full body massage with of without essential oils. Reflexology is a foot massage working on reflex points in the foot.
This massage focuses on treating soft tissue problems that occur mainly in the lower-back, shoulders and neck by applying various methods of Deep Tissue Massage, Soft Tissue Release, Trigger points, and Stretching. These specialized techniques are designed to release muscle tension increase lymphatic and vascular flow and improve poor mobility. Exercise can be recommended to aid recovery.
Reflexology is a therapeutic massage of the feet. The feet carry the reflex points for all the organs of the body. Reflexology increases blood and lymph flow and promotes nerve energy. It improves dysfunctions in the body and maintains good health. This natural gentle therapy benefits people of all ages helping them to find relief from both physical ailments and symptoms of stress. It is also very beneficial in pregnancy.
Hot Stone Therapy
- The treatment is based on a therapeutic technique used by the Native American Indians. It is a combination of normal massage and hot stones.
- The stones are basalt. They are formed when volcanoes erupt and hot lava spills out to cool and form rock. Over millions of years the basalt is exposed to rain, wind, heat, cold and the natural progression of the seasons. The stones used for the therapy have been found in rivers where they have been tumbled to their wonderful smooth and round shape.
- The combination of heat and massage within the treatment has a powerful sedative and calming
effect on the body
- The hot stones are very beneficial and can create healing and balance in the body.
- They aid and stimulate the immune system
- Increases circulation remove toxin and increase the flow of lymph
- Above all they create a wonderful sense of wellbeing
Beat the weather…... be warm…...lay in the quiet warmth of my salon….listening to healing music
drift off into another world …full of lush vegetation and blue skies…….with the sweet aroma of
Frankincense and May Chang
"I really believe that natural therapies complement today's hectic lifestyle and
help to achieve a balance between our mind and our body"
-Denise Waddington BA Hons. MBTER, CThA, IFA, CNCH,
CThA: Complementary Therapist Association (Embody)
BTER: Bowen Therapist European Register
IFPA : International Federation of Practising Aromatherapists
CNHC:The Complementary & Natural Health Care Council
‘Natural therapies complement today’s hectic lifestyle helping us to achieve a balance between our psychological and physical well-being.’
‘Everybody benefits, pregnant mums, babies, people in their 90’s, from the very sick to the very fit.’
‘The ancient art of touch is relaxing; stimulating; soothing and rehabilitating’
- Completed my core training as a Complementary Therapist at St Mary’s University Twickenham. Since then I have continued to enhanced my knowledge and expertise with continuous professional development.
- Member of a number of professional associations which accredit my qualifications and experience and bind me to a strict code of conduct and ethics.
- Registered with the CNHC, The Complementary and Natural Health Care Council, a government supported voluntary regulation scheme that has been set up to reassure the public and other healthcare providers that I conform to the national standards of practice in my work.
Aromatherapy, Bowen Therapy, Deep Tissue Massage, Ear Candling, EFT, Holistic Massage, Indian Head Massage, Pregnancy Massage, Reflexology, Reiki, Remedial Massage, Stone Therapy Massage, Swedish Relaxation Massage, Thai Massage