Bates Method International (BMI) is a group of professionals dedicated to the teaching of the Bates Method. All members of BMI are qualified teachers of the Bates Method of Vision Education.
|CONTACT INFORMATION |
|Phone||0800 055 6130|
The aims of Bates Method International are to:
- Collect and make available information about the Bates method for the public.
- Encourage discussion with orthodox eye care specialists.
- Collate current thinking on the Bates method in order to clarify and educate.
- For information we provide a list of Bates method and Natural vision teachers in the Teacher's Register who have qualified from approved training courses.
- Bates teachers principally teach the Bates Method. They do not diagnose and treat disease, nor prescribe spectacles. The method is educational in nature: no guarantee of any particular degree of improvement can or will be given and all teachers accept pupils on that understanding.
- It is the responsibility of the pupil to seek the advice of medical or optical practitioners as appropriate.
- Bates teachers may also have other professional skills which may have application to a pupil’s needs. BMI has no knowledge of members’ competence or qualifications in other fields and intending pupils are advised to make their own enquiries to ensure that they will receive the help they require.
- All teachers give individual lessons to adults, most work with children. Some can also offer lectures and workshops, intensive residential courses or teacher training.