We are an association of Manual Lymphatic Drainage practitioners, from different professional backgrounds, and exist to promote the development of Manual Lymphatic Drainage (MLD). All practising members are required to update their practice by attending a review class at least every two years.
|CONTACT INFORMATION |
Fife KY6 3YE
|Phone||0844 800 1988|
Our objectives are to:
- Ensure a high standard of MLD is practised by requiring that members have undertaken adequate training.
- Further the skills and knowledge of MLD therapists through the notification of training courses and the provision of information.
- Promote the education of health professionals with regard to MLD.
- Raise awareness of the general public of the existence of MLD and its therapeutic applications.
- Participate in and encourage research into the effects of MLD.
- Maintain and distribute a register of MLD therapists according to the categories of membership and conditions set out in the constitution.
- Hold meetings for the members to promote the aims of the group.
- Develop and make available a database of information and research.
MLDUK is a Company limited by guarantee. The Board of Trustees/Directors meet at least four times a year, one of which is the Annual General Meeting.
We publish a register of MLD practitioners, which lists member’s names, Town/City of practice, telephone number(s) and professional qualifications. Members may choose not to be on the register if they do not want to accept enquiries from the general public. This register is circulated to all members, to interested organisations, such as the lymphoedema clinics, and to all who may enquire about MLD.
A quarterly newsletter is produced and members are encouraged to submit articles, case histories and letters for publication. A telephone Helpline is available for all members who need advice on particular cases.