The Kinesiology Federation (KF) is a non-profit making professional association providing support to members and working to enhance the profile of kinesiology throughout the UK.
The Kinesiology Federation was formed in 1991 by a committed group of kinesiologists who saw the need for a kinesiology association dedicated to the development of the profession, the promotion of the therapy and providing support for the members. The KF is run by kinesiologists for kinesiologists and acts as a professional organisation to represent kinesiologists from throughout the UK. It was developed with the express intent to be inclusive and encompass all branches of kinesiology.
The Kinesiology Federation’s vision is to have kinesiology viewed as a professional mainstream therapy that has the highest standards in training and practice, for the benefit of both the general public and its members. Ultimately, the KF would like to have all kinesiologists represented by one body and so the KF aims to maintain positive relationships with other professional bodies and the medical profession.
Since 2003 the KF has operated as a limited company with a Policy Board functioning as the Board of Directors. The Directors are elected to the Policy Board at the AGM by the voting members. The Board is made up of representatives from a number of kinesiology modalities and meets on a regular basis. Where necessary other KF members sit on sub-committees to deal with current issues.
An Administrator is responsible for the day to day running of the KF in discussion/agreement with the Policy Board. All policy matters and decisions are referred to the relevant Policy Board members.
Aims and objectives of the Kinesiology Federation
- To develop the federation as a professional and ethical body and ensure it is presented as such.
- To define and maintain a register of recognised disciplines of kinesiology and a register of all qualified professionals for the public.
- To prescribe standards of competence and suitability for membership and to offer support to the membership in the development of kinesiology as a valued and recognised natural therapy.
- To represent all aspects of kinesiology to any appropriate national or international body and to the public.
- To create high standards of communication with members.
Benefits for members:
- Reassurance for your clients that you are working with a professional code of conduct
- Support from a professional federation that understands your needs
- Support and advice for members to resolve client queries/complaints
- Access to CPD training
- Reduced price Professional insurance specifically designed to cover Kinesiology with Balens Ltd. The KF is an Introducer Appointed Representative of Balens who are authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Services Authority.
- Annual national meeting with AGM for members
- Opportunity for KF Registered practitioners to join Government recognised accredited voluntary registers for Kinesiology
- Opportunities to network with members in your area and through social media
- Opportunities to contribute to the development of Kinesiology as a profession