Self-Generated Therapy For Mind And Body
Autogenic Therapy comprises several strands, the main element of which is Autogenic Training (AT)
AT is a safe, simple drug-free technique to help:
Autogenic Training engages mind and body in deep relaxation, reversing the stress response. The resulting altered state of consciousness allows spontaneous, often subtle, psychological and physiological changes – known as the autogenic process, which is a unique experience for each person.
- reduce or manage recurring stress-related symptoms e.g. sleep problems, anxiety, mild depression, fatigue, asthma, irritable bowel syndrome (IBS), high blood pressure, chronic pain
- increase general confidence and well-being
- increase energy and creativity
- improve performance in sport, music, theatre, classroom, boardroom
- reduce the likelihood of serious illness in the future
- naturally support our innate healing mechanisms
AT is based on the premise that all the internal health-enhancing processes needed to rebalance body and mind are already in place, just waiting to be accessed and used.
Learn AT in eight to ten weeks with a BAS trained therapist and you will have a skill for life.
In London, AT is also available on the NHS.