The British Acupuncture Council (BAcC) is the leading self-regulatory body for the practice of traditional acupuncture in the UK. We are a member-led organisation, governed by an elected Governing Board and driven by a specialist staff team.
Welcome to the
British Acupuncture Council
We provide our members with a wide range of services to facilitate their practice. We also act for the traditional acupuncture profession as a whole:
The BAcC is a founder member of the Professional Standards Authority Accredited Voluntary Register (AVR). The AVR scheme is designed to recognise that an accredited organisation maintains high standards of training, safe practice and professional conduct where the operational sector is not covered by statutory regulation. Read our entry on their register.
- expanding awareness of traditional acupuncture and how it works
- representing the interests of fully qualified traditional acupuncturists
- establishing and maintaining the highest professional standards of practice for acupuncture in the UK
- overseeing and accrediting acupuncture education to ensure excellence in training
- funding evidence-based clinical research on the benefits of traditional acupuncture
- promoting evidence-based research to the public, the media and other healthcare providers
- working with the Department of Health towards the statutory regulation of acupuncture in the UK
- promoting integrated healthcare and contributing to the development of national healthcare policy
The British Acupuncture Council works with the following organisations:
- All-Party Parliamentary Group for Integrated Healthcare
- The European Traditional Chinese Medicine Association (ETCMA) is an umbrella organisation for professional associations that represent different fields within traditional Chinese medicine (TCM).