Promoting Natural Medicine through professional training, public education and practitioner support.
The Association of Natural Medicines Ltd (ANM) office is based in Witham, Essex and we are an umbrella organisation for training courses and practitioners of many disciplines. Our members are mainly in the UK, however we also embrace members overseas.
Our Governing Council hold regular meetings at least 8 a year, plus our Annual General Meeting is always held in October at Rivenhall End, Witham, Essex and is open to all to attend for free. Our Tutors also have a separate meeting every year for Continued Professional Development (CPD).
Since our beginning we have strived to deliver excellent training in holistic therapies and are proud to be able to offer courses which range from ‘Anatomy & Physiology’ to ‘Reflexology’ – our list of fantastic courses are being added to continually
The Association of Natural Medicines is the Registering body for a wide range of professional therapists. Please contact us if you would like to join us, discuss membership or you are interested in our courses. The office is open on Tuesday’s and Thursday’s from 10am to 3:30pm.
Registered Members (RMANM) must satisfy the ANM that they have:
- Completed acceptable training in their therapy
- Be professional insured through the ANM scheme or another comparable scheme
- Provide evidence of Continued Professional Development (CPD) at renewal
- Excellent value insurance for qualified Registered therapists
- 24 hour legal helpline for those Registered members insured through the ANM insurance scheme
- Multi-discipline membership
- Receiving a quarterly journal with articles and advertising on natural health matters
- Priority booking & discounts on all ANM lectures, demonstrations, meetings & social events
- Patient referral from enquiries received at the ANM office
- Publicise your practice Free of Charge by inclusion in the ANM Directory of Practitioners on our website
- Learn and network at ANM Complementary Therapies Workshops
- Take advantage of ANM support, guidance and supervision opportunities
All our members follow our Code of Ethics which are intended to help practitioners of natural medicine maintain a high standard of professional conduct and follow best practice in the area of natural medicine which are:
- To consider the safety and welfare of the patient/client at all times
- In no way exploit the patient/client
- Consider the patient/client holistically, honouring their integrity, individuality, privacy and confidentiality
- Ensure that all advice and therapy given respects the patient/client’s customs, beliefs and religion
- Recognise the value of other therapies and work with other practitioners and/or refer the patient/client if it is in the patient/client’s best interests
- Improve his/her knowledge and skill continuously so they may offer the best standard of treatment
- Be aware that observing the Code of Ethics serves the need of the patient/client as well as maintaining the good name of the association and its members
- Contribute to the improvement and advancement of their chosen therapy
- Understand that the Governing Council of the ANM reserves the right to hold a disciplinary hearing and remove a practitioner from the register if they fail to observe the code of ethics and best practice of the association
This title is offered at the discretion of the Governing Council to those who are considered to have done outstanding work in the field of natural medicine. Members who are awarded a Fellowship are entitled to use the initials FANM after their name. Fellows are entitled to vote at the AGM.
Registered Member (RMANM)
This is awarded following successful examination, or at the discretion of the Governing Council.
Fully qualified practitioners who are currently practicing and have insurance cover through the ANM scheme or another comparable scheme may apply for registration.
Evidence of Continuing Professional Development (CPD) is required and must comply with the Association's criteria and Codes of Ethics.
Registered Members are entitled to use the initials RMANM after their name and have the option to appear in the Directory of Practitioners on our website free of charge.
Registered Members are entitled to vote at the AGM.
Registered Membership (RMANM) is £95 per annum (RMANM membership will increase to £100 as of 1st September 2015), discounts available depending on when you join.
This category is open to anyone interested in natural medicine and the work of the association. It also applies to non-practicing or qualified practicing members who for some reason do not fulfil the full criteria for Registered Membership.
Only those Members who are qualified practitioners are entitled to use the initials MANM after their name.
Members are entitled to vote at the AGM.
Membership (MANM) is £35 per annum, discounts available depending on when you join.
Student Membership (SMANM)
This category is open to ANM students only! Student members are also required to have insurance cover.
Student Membership (SMANM) is £35 per annum, discounts available depending on when you join.
Student members are entitled to vote at the AGM.
The ANM offer a specially negotiated insurance scheme arranged by Jack Lawrence Insurance Services through Balens and insured through Zurich; this scheme is only available to Fellow (FANM), Registered (RMANM) and Student (SMANM) members.
The insurance policy runs from 1st September yearly.
Discounts on premiums are offered according to when you join and ANM students receive a 35% reduction from the total premium.
PLEASE NOTE: As of September 2013 (membership renewal), all members gaining independent insurance cover will be required to have cover on par with the ANM scheme. Proof will be required at time of renewal.
Continuing Professional Development (CPD)
The initial qualification to practise is the first step in your professional development. To keep the standard of your work high and to gain most satisfaction, you need to continue to develop personally and professionally.
CPD is part of this process and can take many forms i.e. attending courses, workshops, taking part in research, writing articles, investigating a new condition, discussions of practice or therapeutic issues in supervision for example.
The ANM encourages professional practice by requiring all Registered (RMANM) and Fellow (FANM) members to follow a minimum of two days (15 hours) CPD each year prior to renewal of registration.
This is in line with our Code of Ethics and most other professional associations now require their registered therapists to do the same. Always record all courses attended and obtain confirmation of attendance, as proof maybe required.
Registered (RMANM) and Fellow (FANM) membership renewal will not be processed unless CPD is complete.
For a membership and insurance pack (including ANM Guidelines) - please contact the ANM
Acupressure, Acupuncture, Aromatherapy, Beauty Therapy (Holistic), Colonic Irrigation, Colour Therapy, Crystal Therapy, Energy Healing, Flower Essences, Herbal Medicine, Homeopathy, Iridology, Kinesiology, Lymphatic Drainage, Meditation, Naturopathy, Reiki, Spiritual Healing, Touch for Health