Traditional Chinese Medicine Acupuncture
Member of the British Acupuncture Council (MBAcC)
Bsc (Hons), MBAcC
Alexandria worked as a registered nurse in the NHS for 15 years before studying acupuncture. She graduated from Salford University with a first class Honours Degree in Traditional Chinese Medicine Acupuncture. Having qualifications in both western and Chinese medicine Alexandria has an understanding of both systems of diagnosis and treatment allowing a more holistic approach to treatment.
After graduating she spent some time at the First Teaching Hospital of Tianjin University of Traditional Chinese Medicine, Tianjin, China, gaining invaluable insight into the use of acupuncture alongside Western medicine in every department from cardiology to paediatrics. While having experience in treating a wide range of conditions Alexandria has also completed postgraduate study in acupuncture treatment for infertility and treatment throughout pregnancy and has a special interest in womens health issues including fertility treatment, IVF support, menopause symptoms , endometriosis and PMT. She works to the highest standards to ensure that each patient is treated with kindness and professionalism to aid their recovery.
Alexandria is a member of the British Acupuncture Council (BAcC).
What can Acupuncture help?
The principal aim of acupuncture in treating the whole person is to rebalance the equilibrium between the physical, emotional and spiritual aspects of the individual and as such can treat a wide range of illnesses, for example:
- Anxiety states, depression, stress,insomnia.
- Headaches and migraine,
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/Myalgic Encephalomyelitis(ME),
- Bells Palsy, Facial paralyisis, Stroke
- Hay fever, asthma
- Digestive disorders e.g. Irritable bowel syndrome.
- Skin conditions e.g. Eczema, psoriasis, rosacea.
- Muscular & Skeletal disorders e.g. back pain, arthritis, stiff neck, sciatica, frozen shoulder, tennis elbow, repetitive strain injury etc.
- Woman's health e.g. painful periods, PMT, infertility, menopausal symptoms.
- Preparation and support during assisted reproduction procedures,IVF,ICSI, IUI.
- Male infertility.
- Support for stop smoking
This is a list of the most common complaints only so please feel free to phone me to discuss whether acupuncture can help your condition.
Bsc(Hons) Traditional Chinese medicine, post graduate study in Fertility treatment,male and female, post graduate treatment of acupuncture in Pregnancy.MBAcC
Acupuncture, Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM)