By heightening our awareness of our movement, breathing and posture, the Feldenkrais Method® brings us closer to realising our full human potential.
Welcome to The Feldenkrais Guild (UK) Ltd
By heightening our awareness of our movement, breathing and posture, the Feldenkrais Method® brings us closer to realising our full human potential. Bringing this into our lives, we learn to move more freely, with greater ease, flexibility and grace. The Method can permanently improve our posture, balance and coordination, awakening our innate capacity for life-long vitality and continuing self-development.
About The Guild
The Feldenkrais Guild UK is the non-profit professional organisation of practitioners and teachers of the Feldenkrais Method® in the UK. Members are graduates of internationally-recognised training programmes, are fully insured, and are accountable to the Guild's Code of Ethics. (There is a copy of the Code of Ethics in the Articles section of this website.) Full members may use the letters “FG(UK)” after their names. The Guild also promotes awareness of the Method and the continuing education of practitioners.
Joining the Guild
There are several types of membership of the Guild:
Members of the Guild receive the Guild newsletter, are invited to Guild study and discussion days, and receive discounts for Guild-sponsored courses. Members who are qualified to teach Awareness Through Movement classes, or ATM classes as well as Functional Integration lessons, are listed on this website and in the Guild Directory.
- Full Members are practitioners who have completed a recognised training and are currently resident in the UK. “Recognised training” refers to a training programme accredited by one of the three Training Accreditation Boards, or to a training programme conducted by Mia Segal or Yochanan Rywerant which finished before 2005.
- Associate Members are practitioners who have completed a non-accredited training programme conducted by Eli Wadler, or one conducted by Mia Segal or Yochanan Rywerant which finished during or after 2005, and who are currently resident in the UK.
- Overseas Members are practitioners who have completed a recognised training, but are not currently resident in the UK.
- Student Members are currently enrolled in a recognised training.
- Student Teachers are currently enrolled in a recognised training, and certified by the Educational Director of the Training as eligible to teach.
- Friends are people interested in the Feldenkrais Method, and in supporting the work of the Guild.