We offer a wide range of Natural therapies to help you obtain optimum health. And.... You don't have to be ill to get better
About the Complementary Health Centre
The Complementary Health Centre of Wendover, Bucks is a multi-disciplinary practice with a comprehensive range of Holistic, Complementary, Natural therapies treatments and products.
The Complementary Health Centre is run by Nicky Ward and Christine Watson-Bartlam. We are two, highly qualified professional therapists with many years experience between us.
Holistic Therapy considers the whole person, physical, mental and emotional, rather than just a bunch of symptoms. Treatments are gentle, safe, non-invasive and very relaxing therefore avoiding harmful side effects and allowing the body to heal itself.
- Applied Kinesiology
- NO HANDS Massage
- Asyra PRO - Health Screening
Applied Kinesiology (pronounced kin easy-ology) is the science of muscle testing in relation to all body functions, and has been developed from a system of structural muscle testing used by the orthodox medical profession.
Originally Kinesiology was simply the study of movement, particularly of the human body. The original kinesiological muscle tests were used by physiotherapists to test the range of movement, power, and tone of various muscles, especially in injury and stroke cases.
The science of Applied Kinesiology enables practitioners to monitor the energy field of the body. Using a simple series of muscle tests, it is possible to find where the imbalances are in the body. These muscular imbalances can then be assessed to determine whether the fault is structural, chemical, emotional activity, or an energy blockage.
The body can be stressed in different ways, and each affects the other.
- Physical stresses affect our mental, chemical, and energy balance.
- Chemicals can poison us, causing physical and mental disturbances.
- Negative mental thoughts can cause sickness and pain
- Our energies are stressed by electromagnetic waves.
- Thermal stress can affect everything.
The relationship between these factors is crucial in understanding disease. It is important therefore to consider the effects each have on the other when treating.
In this way Applied Kinesiology can bring your whole system back into balance. It can be preventative, even before physical symptoms become evident.
It is the manipulation of soft tissues of the body. It helps to relieve stress and tension and speeds up the elimination of toxins and impurities, by causing the systems of the body to function more efficiently, improving the circulation to muscles and tissues. A massage of the whole body will give a feeling of wholeness and well being, which will often allow a deep and beneficial sleep. Many painful areas are a result of energy blockages and a build up of toxins. These can be relieved by massage.
The use of pure essential oils, the life force of plants. Usually applied by massage and gentle pressure on Acupressure points, but can also be used in inhalations, bathing, and spot treatments. A qualified aromatherapist will find the right oils that suit the clients condition. Massage works on physical and emotional conditions. It aids lymph drainage which can cause aches, pains and fatigue. It can relax, stimulate or invigorate - mind and body - and so relieve strains and tension of daily life. Aromatherapy oils also work on the emotions and can be uplifting, re-energising, or calming. It is also used to treat people for skin, circulation, muscle or joint problems, respiratory, digestive, or 'womens' disorders, and strengthens the immune and nervous systems etc.
Indian Head Massage
Safe and highly beneficial therapy which uses Ayurvedic Healing system techniques to reduce stress, rebalance energy flows, and leave the receiver soothed, comforted and revitalised. Indian Head Massage is invigorating and energising. It consists of a vigorous massage of the shoulders, neck, head and if required, face. It is an excellent pick-me-up.
The use of a specialised 'warm water bed' allows muscles to relax. Whole body massage is done in the prone position, therefore ideal in pregnancy or for problems as well as relaxation.
Hot Stone Massage
A hot stone massage is a variation of the typical massage which uses smooth, water-heated stones on points around the body. Hot stone massages are deeply soothing and relaxing and act to release tight muscles.
Scar Tissue Release
Any trauma to the body, injury and surgery can cause internal scarring. More than you can see on the surface. These entwine and embed themselves into organs and bones causing stiffness and immobility of joints.
Advanced Bio-energetic Health Screening
Asyra PRO / AT3
- Comprehensive test in under five minutes
- Probeless operation removes practitioner bias
- Customisable tests and remedies
Types of test available :
Comprehensive, Food sensitivity, nutritional deficiency, hormone profiles, emotional, heavy metal toxicity, skeletal alignment, dental, justto name a few.
The health conditions that we frequently treat include:
Arthritis * IBS * Children's issues * Digestion * Diet / Nutrition * Emotional * Eating Disorders
* Environmental * Fatigue * Hyperactivity * Fertility * Menopause * Migraines * Muscular *
Prostate * Skin * Thyroid / hormone * Viruses * Weight Issues plus others
What to expect
There are the four general steps that, typically, each new client will experience:
- Upon arriving at the centre, we will carry out an in-depth consultation. This identifies specific ailments you are experiencing, and lifestyle or other factors that may be preventing optimal health. This gives you an opportunity to ask any questions that you might have. It also allows you the opportunity to get to know us in a confidential and supportive setting.
- Your health is then bio-energetically screened by our Asyra system. Screenings are a non-invasive method of measuring your current state of health, and takes just a few minutes to complete.
- We will then go through your results with you, and a report will be printed to take home. This will serve as the basis for continued monitoring of your health. At this time additional tests may be discussed or treatments recommended.
- You will also receive a comprehensive treatment plan designed specifically for you which may include some of the following:
an eating plan
herbs to support imbalanced organs
massage / reflexology
Bach flower remedies
practical tips to achieve balance in your lifestyle
Reflexology is a powerful ancient method of activating the healing powers of the body through the feet. It can be both relaxing and stimulating. It can help with many imbalances.
The ancient healing of reflexology has been known to man for many thousands of years. It was practiced by the early Indian, Chinese and Egyptian people.
In 1913, Dr William Fitzgerald an American ear, nose and throat surgeon, introduced this to the west.
He noted that pressure on specific parts of the body could have an anaesthetising effect on a related area. Developing his theory, he divided the body into ten equal and vertical zones, ending in the fingers and toes. He concluded that pressure on one part of a zone could affect everything else within that zone. Thus, reflex areas on the feet and hands are linked to other areas and organs of the body within the same zone.
In the 1930's Eunice Ingham, a therapist, further developed and refined the zone theory into what is now known as foot reflexology. She observed that congestion or tension in any part of the foot mirrors congestion or tension in any part of the foot mirrors congestion or tension in a corresponding part of the body. Thus when you treat the big toes there is a related effect in the head. By treating the whole foot can have a relaxing and healing effect of the whole body.
Hypnosis & Psychotherapy
The Initial Consultation
Prior to any hypno-psychotherapy taking place there will be a consultation, or consultation period, where the issue or problem to be resolved is discussed and where the client has an opportunity to discuss the treatment approach, the number of recommended sessions and the likely cost.
Few medical conditions contra-indicate the use of hypnosis, though in some cases liaison with the client's medical practitioner may be appropriate. Almost everyone who wishes to be hypnotised can achieve a level of relaxation sufficient to allow therapy to take place.
The Hypnosis session
Generally speaking, during the hypnosis session itself, the client is invited to relax in an armchair or couch and is then guided into a state of deep physical and mental relaxation.
In the Hypnotic state
While in hypnosis, the client is still generally aware of their surroundings and can choose to come out of hypnosis at any time. No responsible therapist would attempt to hypnotise anyone against their will, or encourage an individual to act against their natural inclinations whilst in hypnosis.
After the Hypnosis session
At the end of the hypnosis session, the client will be gently returned to the normal waking state. Most new clients are surprised at how far away the reality of hypnotherapy is from any prior expectation of 'mind control', and find the experience deeply relaxing.
Reiki (pronounced Ray-key) is a simple way to access the 'Universal Life' energy around us for healing and harmony. It accelerates the body's own natural healing abilities on all levels and encourages a state of joy and well being.
Throughout history many races have known of the existence of Universal 'Life Force' Energy that can dramatically benefit the quality of life. Various teachings have evolved to access this energy but many of them require years of personal dedication and practice. REIKI (pronounced Ray-Key) is a system of accessing this energy which is natural, simple, safe and instant.
A Reiki Treatment lasts 1 hour and is the physiological equivalent to 3-4 hours sleep which makes it an excellent stress reducer. During a treatment hands are placed gently and passively on different positions on the body. Hands are kept still so it is not like massage, and Reiki can be given through clothing or even a plaster cast!.
More Therapies ...
Bach Flower Remedies
The principle behind these remedies is that every disorder - physical or psychological - arises because of an inner imbalance for which nature has provided a cure in the form of healing plants. Works well on emotional problems.
Diet and Nutrition
We are what we eat. The fuel that we burn in our body is very important to maintain health. Foods can also be used as mood enhancers, energy boosters and brain food. We can give nutritional advice to help with eating distress, weight loss, gain, obesity, binge disorders, anorexia, IBS, etc.
Hopi Ear Candles
Used for Sinusitis, Tinnitus, Otitus, Headaches, Stress relief ....... Selected extracts of honey, organically grown flax and therapeutic herbs such as sage, St. John's Wort and camomile are used in making the candles for this ancient natural therapy, originating from the Hopi Indians.
Cleanse the system with this totally relaxing foot spa containing special salts.
The Aqua Detox unit is a complementary health treatment using Traditional Chinese Medicine principles regarding energy in the body, therefore Aqua Detox cannot, and do not make any claims regarding specific health issues.
The Aqua Detox foot spa consists of a foot bowl filled with warm salt water that is connected to a control panel. This control panel delivers a small charge through the water via an electrode called an array.
You place your feet in a bowl of warm water with a small amount of salt added. The array is placed into the water and for 30 minutes a small charge (less than a fairy light) is delivered into the water. This charge ionises the water in the bowl in which the feet are placed.
Nicky's Qualifications are:
- BSc (Hons) Bachelor of Science Honours degree in Psychology with the Open University
- ADHP - Advanced Diploma in Hypnotherapy and Psychotherapy from the National College of Hypnosis and Psychotherapy
- CSCT Counselling Skills & Theory certificates
- NLP Master Practitioner tutored by McKenna, Breen and Bandler
- ITEC (International Therapy Examination Council), Anatomy, Physiology, and Body Massage Diploma (1994), and Aromatherapy Diploma (1995), Indian Head Massage Diploma (2004)
- Advanced NO HANDS® Massage Diploma
- Master Practitioner Eating Disorders and Obesity including Nutritional interventions - National Centre for Eating Disorders
- First and Second Degree Reiki received from Traditional Reiki Masters
- BodyTalk training to advanced level was also undertaken by Elaine Harris (Reiki Master)
- NCFE – Certificate In Life Coaching
- UKCP(H) United Kingdom Counselling and Psychotherapy (Hypnotherapy) Section registered
- MNRHP Member of the National Register of Hypnotherapists and Psychotherapists
- MIPTI - Member of the Independent Professional Therapists International
- RAGPH - Register of Approved Gastrointestinal Psychotherapists and Hypnotherapists
- NO HANDS® Massage Association
- Christine's Qualifications are :
- M.A.R. Member of the Association of Reflexologists
- Qualified with the Oxford school of Reflexology in Anatomy & Physiology, Integrated biology, 1994.
- Dip. A.K. Diploma Applied Kinesiology
- Qualified with the Academy of Systematic Kinesiology
- Advanced Nutrition Intensive (I.O.N.)
- Advanced Communications Training, 1997
Allergy Testing / Treatments, Aromatherapy, Counselling, Ear Candling, EFT, Hypnotherapist, Indian Head Massage, Kinesiology, Life Coaching, Mens Health, NLP, Nutrition, Psychotherapy, Reflexology, Reiki, Remedial Massage, Remedial Therapies, Swedish Relaxation Massage, Weight Loss, Womens Health