Established in 1995, Totally Holistic Health offers a total health and well being package, in a tranquil and relaxing environment. We can also travel to you within a 10 mile radius.
We create bespoke treatment packages personal to each individual designed to help you with any emotional or physical problem - we aim to harmonise your mind body and soul.
Welcome to Totally Holistic Health
- Holistic Therapies can be useful in alleviating the symptoms and aiding the healing related to many conditons. They can help to boost the immune system, enhancing physical and emotional health.
Please contact us with your enquiries or concerns and we can establish your needs through a quick telephone consultation.
Totally Holistic Health was founded by Julie Elder, who specialises in providing complementary therapy services such as Bowen, Reflexology, Reiki, Kinesiology and massage in the Cheshire and South Manchester area.
Julie Elder is a member of the Federation of Holistic Therapists, the International Council of Holistic Therapists, The Complementary and Natural Therapy Council, The Bowen Academy of Australia (BowTech) and the International Guild of Professional Practitioners (now known as Embody) and she is also a Reiki Master
Totally Holistic Health prides itself in providing personalised treatments for each individual. Customer service and maintaining a close communication with clients is of the utmost importance. Regular customer satisfaction surveys, newsletters and continued professional development are all ways in which Julie is able to provide her clients with the high standard of service and expertise that is required.
Totally Holistic Health offers complementary therapy in Cheadle Hulme, Stockport and is within easy reach of Manchester, Altrincham, Wilmslow, Macclesfield, Marple and surrounding areas.
Aromatherapy is a fabulous therapy that combines therapeutic touch with the properties of the essential oils to provide a holistic treatment for the body and mind. Benefits can include: stress relief, and can the boost immune system. It can help to improve blood circulation and help aid lymphatic drainage; it can enhance physical and emotional health.
Price: Full Body - £32.00
Back/Neck and Shoulders - £22.00
Benefits of Baby/Infant Massage
• Studies have suggested that physical contact is good for babies, improving their breathing, circulation, digestion and growth.
• Stimulates brain development and provides a good source of sensory and muscle stimulation, which is beneficial to all babies, but may be particularly good for babies with special needs, such as developmental disabilities and Down's syndrome.
• Stimulates immune system.
• Relaxes child and helps to decrease stress for parent and baby.
• Encourages infant’s co-ordination.
• Relieves discomfort from constipation, gas, and colic.
• Helps normalize muscle tone and improve blood circulation.
• Helps baby sleep better and, therefore, also parents.
• Babies cry less, as the parent is more responsive to babies’ cues.
• It is fun!
• It is an excellent bonding experience and a good way for parent and baby to get to know each other and to spend quality time together, so promotes bonding and attachment.
• Caregivers report feeling more comfortable and confident in their ability to care for baby.
• Parents can learn to understand and respond to baby’s cues.
• Parents will learn techniques to soothe and comfort their babies.
• Infant Massage is one of the most natural and pleasant methods of providing this important early nurturing and an amazing tool to help parents become closer to their babies.
Next set of four classes starts January 2013
CALL NOW TO BOOK YOUR PLACE.
The Bowen Technique - This technique is unique in the field of bodywork. Bowen is neither derived from, nor similar to any other hands-on modality. Simply stated, Bowen allows the body to reset and heal itself. The work consists of several series of gently rolling, connective tissue moves. There are frequent important pauses between sets of moves, which give the body time to benefit from each set. By selecting appropriate combinations and sequences of moves, the practitioner is able to address the body as a whole, and/or to target one or more specific problems. The practitioner discerns stress build-up in muscle groups and utilizes Bowen moves to release that stress.
Each person responds differently to a Bowen Session and every body responds according to their own body's ability to heal.
Bowen addresses the body as a whole unit rather than just the presenting symptoms. The physical, chemical, emotional and mental aspects of each person receiving Bowen can all respond as needed.
During a treatment a deep sense of peace and tranquillity may be induced, followed by an increase in energy levels. The mind and body are allowed to switch off and recharge and individuals may feel energised after a treatment.
Clients have used bowen to help with the following conditions:
It is also useful for:
- Sacro-iliac pain
- Back pain — lower, upper, mid-back
- Carpal tunnel syndrome/RSI
- Frozen shoulder
- Chronic fatigue syndrome, Fibromyalgia
- Groin tension or pain
- Hammer toes
- Knee pain
- Hamstring pain or tightness
- Plantar fasciitis
- Jaw pain / misalignment
- Neck pain/restricted range of motion
- Shin splints
- Sporting injuries
- Sprained ankles
- Sternal pain/sprung ribs
- Tennis elbow
- Golfers elbow
- Bed wetting in children
A session may last from fifteen minutes to an hour. Most often, surprisingly few sessions are needed to alleviate complaints, whether structural or functional, even if long-standing.
- ADD / ADHD
- Colic in infants
- Gynaecological issues (PMS, difficulty conceiving, menopausal symptoms)
- Hiatus hernia, reflux
- Indigestion, constipation, diarrhoea
- Headaches, including migraines
- Respiratory problems, including asthma and Hayfever
- Rehabilitation after stroke
Bowen is appropriate for everyone from newborns to the very elderly and frail. Highly trained athletes and pregnant women benefit equally, each according to need.
How many sessions?
This varies greatly from person to person. Many conditions are effectively — and lastingly — changed in fewer than 3 - 5 sessions.
Musculo-skeletal symptoms generally change the fastest, neurological symptoms the slowest. Some chronic or organic conditions may require ongoing maintenance sessions.
Many people choose to have monthly or quarterly maintenance sessions (“tune-ups”) once their initial complaints are addressed.
Kinesiology - Kinesiology is a therapy that uses manual muscle testing to determine where the client may have imbalances in their system, and what the client needs in order to restore balance and wellness. The roots of kinesiology can be traced back to the American chiropractor George G. Goodheart who, in 1964, identified that the evaluation of normal and abnormal body function could be carried out by muscle testing.
How does it work?
According to the principles of kinesiology, certain muscles or groups of muscles relate to specific body parts and body systems. Muscle testing can determine where weaknesses and imbalances are occurring in the body. Testing is also used to determine the client’s mental and emotional health.
A muscle or muscle group that is strong is likely to be connected to an organ or body part that also is strong; but a muscle, or muscles, that responds weakly when pushed is likely to indicate an organ or body part that needs attention.
The practitioner will begin by seeking to restore the client’s overall system to balance. This can be done in a number of ways, most usually by holding specific energy points on the client’s head or neck. massaging neurolymphatic points mainly on the front and back of the torso, holding energy points, working with the meridians, using Bach Flower remedies, colour or sound. Once the practitioner is satisfied that the client is balanced, the practitioner will then begin to check for physical and mental blockages, food allergies and so on.
What is it good for?
Kinesiology can be used for all kinds of physical, mental and emotional problems including pain; sports injuries; asthma and other problems involving the respiratory system; eczema and other skin disorders; headaches and migraine; menopausal problems; irritable bowel syndrome, chronic fatigue; attention deficit disorder; panic attacks; depression; and insomnia.
What are the benefits?
Because kinesiology works on the body at a very deep level it is particularly useful for releasing stress and past trauma as well as helping with the current physical and mental problems the client is experiencing.
What are the side effects and when should it be avoided?
Because kinesiology is non-invasive it can be used by anyone, including children and the elderly. Clients who attend a kinesiology session for a physical problem may discover, during the course of the consultation, that the physical symptoms are connected to long-buried emotional issues.
Some clients report that, because kinesiology helps to release pent-up stress, they have found themselves responding to the treatment with tears or other strong emotion. Most people say that the muscle testing process is very relaxing and enjoyable.
Kinesiology uses a range of gentle yet extremely powerful techniques. These restore and maintain health and well-being. You can function better on all levels. Kinesiology also allows the kinesiologist to draw on other healing techniques and modalities and integrate them into the session where appropriate and indicated by the muscle response.
Food Allergies & Sensitivities
Increased personal performance
Fears, Phobias & Anxieties
Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)
M.E./Chronic Fatigue Symptoms
Natural Face Lift Massage - This massage is a special combination of massage techniques. It is an integration of Anma - which is the traditional system of massage for Japan and Ayurveda - which is an Ancient Indian Healing method. Natural Face Lift Massage is a comprehensive mind and body treatment which is performed on the face, head, neck and shoulders. It is an excellent treatment for those with desk and driving tension in their upper body. The facial skin feels invigorated, lifted and supple. It aids in sinus drainage and provides better upper respiratory function. It provides better circulation for the face and scalp and lifts tension from the scalp.
Pregnancy Massage- An excellent treatment for alleviating those pregnancy aches and pains. Help to alleviate the stresses of pregnancy with a relaxing yet firm aromatherapy massage specifically created for pregnancy.
Reflexology - is a therapy that dates back to ancient Egypt. It is a treatment which is applied to the feet. As a treatment it reduces stress and induces deep relaxation, improves the circulation, helps to cleanse the body of toxins and impurities which can make the body feel sluggish. It balances the whole of the body system helping the body to readdress any problems that have built up. It revitalizes the body's energy and acts as preventative healthcare.
Reflexology is particularly good for helping relieve the symptoms associated with the following conditions:
- Stress related conditions
- Anxiety and depression
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome and other digestive disorders
- Sinus congestion
- The symptoms of Multiple Sclerosis
- Headaches / Migraine
- PMS and menopausal conditions
Reiki - Reiki is an ancient therapy which is totally safe and non intrusive. It is a holistic system to help heal body, mind, emotions and spirit. It can stimulate and help support the body's natural abilities to self heal from within.
Tibetan Acupressure Head Massage - Very different from an Indian Head Massage. This massage which can be done fully clothed is excellent for relieving symptoms of stress, relaxes facial and eye muscles, promotes feelings of inner peace and aids relief from insomnia.
Whatever the size of your business, it makes sense to look after your greatest asset - the people who work for you. Totally Holistic Health brings a range of therapies into your workplace to boost the effectiveness and wellbeing of your staff and to help combat stress and back pain - two of the leading causes of absenteeism in the workplace.
On-site massage is beneficial for people who perform repetitive tasks at their jobs, such as working on the computer, answering phones etc.
On site massage can benefit the individual in many ways such as:
It mainly takes place with the client fully clothed and no oil is needed. The average session lasts between 10 and 20 minutes. The practitioner usually treats the head, neck, shoulders, back, arms and hands - depending on each individual.
- Calms the nervous system and stimulates the parasympathetic system to alleviate stress
- Improves flexibility and increases range of movement, thus reducing risk of injury
- Increases circulation, improving oxygen flow to the body and the brain as well as aiding toxin removal
- Relieves general muscular aches and pains and tension
- Uses specific trigger point techniques to alleviate muscle spasm
- Boosts energy levels and revitalizes
- Improves concentration and alleviates mental fatigue
- Makes you feel good
Mini reflexology treatment - This is a non-invasive complementary therapy which can help facilitate the healing of the physical and emotional body through specific pressure massage of reflexes on the feet, believed to correspond to particular parts of the body. It can help towards good physical, mental and emotional health. It is a gentle therapy bringing about the relaxation response via the nervous system allowing changes to take place.
It treats the whole body not just the symptoms of disease, most people benefit from treatment, it may help with acute and chronic conditions; stress-related conditions; sleep disorders; hormonal imbalances; sports injuries. It is suitable for all ages and recommended as a maintenance therapy. The average session takes between 20-30 minutes.
HND in Health and Holistic Therapies including:
- Aromatherapy Massage, Pregnancy Massage, Baby massage Instructor, Bowen technique, Indian Head Massage, Swedish Massage and Reflexology.
- Reiki Master
- Level 3 Teaching Certificate in Baby Massage
- Practitioners Certficate in Pregnancy Massage
- Chakra Balancing and Thermal Stone Massage
- Tibetan Acupressure Head Massage
- Natural Face Lift Massage
- Certificate in Pregnancy Massage
- Bowen Technique to advanced level
- Member of the Federation of Holistic Therapies (MICHT),
- Member of Complementary Therapists Association (CThA)
- Member of Bowen Academy of Australia (BowTech)
- Member of the Complementary and Natural Therapy Council
Aromatherapy, Beauty Therapy, Bowen Therapy, Corporate Massage, Holistic Massage, Indian Head Massage, Infant Massage, Kinesiology, Mobile Service Massage, Nutrition, Pregnancy Massage, Reflexology, Reiki, Stone Therapy Massage, Swedish Relaxation Massage