The perfect way to balance mind, body & spirit
Welcome to Hands and Oils Aromatherapy
Holistic therapies are not designed to substitute conventional medicine, but are very good to compliment conventional medicine. A fully qualified practitioner should never diagnose or advise against conventional medicine, but be happy to discuss treatments with your GP & other practitioners when required.
Benefits of holistic massage
- Relieves muscle fatigue
- Improves muscle & skin tone
- Promotes relaxation
- Strengthens immunity
- Improves circulation & speeds up waste removal (detoxification)
- Relaxes the body, thereby reducing tension & the effects of stress
- Relaxes the mind, thereby reducing anxiety & its effects
- Increases energy levels
All the oils used are of the finest quality available & none are tested on animals.
Before a treatment takes place, a detailed profile will be taken to check for contra-indication so that the correct oils are used.
Here at Hand's & Oils Aromatherapy we offer a wide range of treatments and are constantly updating our treatments. We offer a Lava Shell treatment which is the only one in the north-east. You are massaged with tiger clam shells filled with minerals to produce heat which is a very relaxing treatment.
We do weekly offers and also many different treatment packages. From the end of April we will be offering pedicures and manicure with Jenn.
If you would like to discuss any treatment please call in and see us or telephone on 01642 281102.
Aromatherapy is the controlled use of natural aromatic plant material in the form of natural aromatic oils to promote balance & harmony of the human mind body & spirit.
The oils work in two ways:
- Absorption through the skin allows the oils to be transported to the body's cells & tissues via the blood & lymphatic system. This then provides a therapeutic effect both physically and psychologically.
- Inhalation. This is probably the quickest way into the bloodstream by the interchange of gases into the lungs. The tiny molecules also enter directly into the nervous system via the olfactory nerve, which is closely linked with the limbic system in the brain. This extremely active system is connected to other vital parts of the brain involved in controlling heart rate, blood pressure, breathing, memory & reaction to stress.
During the treatment the massage will concentrate on the connective tissue, lymphatic drainage system and pressure points. The combination of the massage & individual blend of oils according to the persons needs is a truly therapeutic experience.
Our Price List
Many packages and weekly offers available on request.
Relaxation classes on Monday & Thursday.
Aromatherapy Treatments (all times approx)
- Initial arrangement & full body massage - £30 = 1hr 15min
- Follow up treatment - £26 = 1hr
- Full body / Special facial - £28 = 1hr 15min
- Back & Shoulders - £17 = 30min
- Special Facial - £20 = 45min
- Headache / Migrane - £16 = 30min
- Legs & Feet - £17 = 30min
- Reflex zone treatment - £17 = 30min
- Thai foot massage - £20 = 45min
- Indian head massage - £17 = 30min
- Reiki - £25 = 1hr
- Hopi candles - £22
- Hot stone massage - £30 = 1hr
- Lava shell massage - £35 = 1hr
- Bio-energizer D-tox spa - £20 = 30min
- Crystal mud - £20 = 30min
- Mens facial - £22
Aromatherapy, Beauty Therapy, Ear Candling, Reiki, Stone Therapy Massage