Are you feeling tired, stressed, or 'just under the weather'
Every treatment is designed specifically to suit YOUR needs
Your first consultation will be longer than subsequent treatments, as I will ask detailed questions about your medical and lifestyle history.This consultation will allow me to select specific oils for you. (to treat both the symptoms and the cause) .These will then be blended with a carrier oil, and tested to ensure they are suitable for your skin.You will then be asked to lie on a treatment couch and receive your massage. You will be discreetly covered with towels, only the area being worked on will be uncovered.
A treatment usually lasts for 30 to 60 minutes and costs between £16 and £45
How often will you need a treatment?
This will vary from person to person, and I will assess your needs. Depending on your condition, you may need the first few treatments closer together. On average , a treatment every 4- 6 weeks would probably be sufficient.
What is an ESSENTIAL OIL?
An essential oil is an aromatic, volatile substance extracted from a single botanical source by distillation or expression. Essential oils have been utilised in fragrances and medicines for thousands of years. There are some 400 essential oils extracted from plants all over the world. Some of the oils used most frequently in aromatherapy today ,include lavender , chamomile, geranium, and tea tree.
Is Aromatherapy safe?
Aromatherapy is quite safe when used professionally and correctly, and I am trained to use this treatment in the best possible way for YOU.
Following a treatment please remember
- Drink plenty of water to help your body flush out toxins released by your treatment
- Don't sunbathe for 24hrs after a treatment, there will be a residue of oil in your skin and you can burn easily
- Try to rest as much as possible to allow your body to gain the full effect of the massage and oils
- If you have any concerns following your treatment please contact me
What is AROMATHERAPY
Aromatherapy is the use of essential oils in holistic treatments to improve physical and emotional well-being.These oils are extracted from plants, possess therapeutic properties which can be blended and utilised to improve health and prevent disease
Ease: aches, pains, anxiety, depression,migraine, PMS, and relieve that tension in neck, back, arms and shoulders, with a soothing Aromatherapy Massage
Let powerful but gentle Essential Oils help awaken and reactivate your body's own natural healing forces. Through massage, Essential Oils are easily absorbed into the body for maximum therapeutic effect. Massage gently relaxes and sooths away tension and stress,cleansing the body and boosting the immune system
Who benefits from Aromatherapy:
Everyone can benefit from a treatment. Aromatherapy is particularly good for treating stress related problems, but can also help in relieving symptoms of some chronic conditions.
Some people use aromatherapy as a preventative means to maintain good health. Always have a preliminary chat with your therapist to see if this therapy is suitable for you
What are the benefits of having massage:
It relaxes the mind and body to a very deep level. A level many people rarely experience unless they practice regular relaxation or meditation
This has many effects :
Lowers blood pressure, slows down heart rate
Relaxes the mind and calms the whole nervous system, which in turn helps you sleep better, relieves anxiety and depression.
Combats stress, and problems that are caused and / or exacerbated by stress
HOW DOES MASSAGE WORK
- It stimulates the circulation
- Boosts the body's own healing abilities to overcome illness
- Releases tense aching muscles, muscle strain and relieves back problems, tones up muscles thus preventing further injury.
- The beneficial effects of regular massage will accumulate so you become a more relaxed and healthy person.
- It stimulates the circulation, working from the extremities towards the heart.
- It tones up weak muscles
- It removes toxins that are trapped in the cells, which are causing pain and stiffness, breaks down fat, improves the metabolism.
- It helps the interchange of fluids, it improves the flow of blood(taking oxygen and nutrients) to the cells, and the flow of lymph(carrying waste and toxins) away from the cells.
- It generally gets things moving, removes blockages and balances the nervous system
Aromatherapy & Pregnancy
The healing touch of massage can provide physical relief from minor aches & pains & oedema. As well as easing discomfort, it can give clients reassurance & an emotional boost.It will help you to relax and allow the natural hormonal responses to kick in and prepare the body for labour & motherhood.
Massage is a very powerful means of communicating in a non verbal way with your baby. This creates a strong link and firm bonding between Mother / Father and Baby. The result is a much happier , healthier and calmer baby.
Learn how to massage your baby safely, ease the discomfort of colic constipation, coughs colds & irritability. One to one or small group sessions.
Indian Head Massage
This deeply relaxing treatment is carried out with client fully clothed, ideal for clients who are not quite sure about having a full massage
Massage: Aromatherapy Massage:
School of Natural Therapies:
Massage in Pregnancy
Baby Massage ( Qualified to teach parents)
Indian Head Massage
Hot Stone Therapy Massage
NVQ level 3 :Adult Education teaching qualification
Aromatherapy, Holistic Massage, Indian Head Massage, Infant Massage, Pregnancy Massage, Stone Therapy Massage